INEX Robotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RoboPICA and various ZX sensors ... where is the source code ?

Go down

RoboPICA and various ZX sensors ... where is the source code ? Empty RoboPICA and various ZX sensors ... where is the source code ?

Post  pgamble Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi guys

I purchased the RoboPICA and various sensors from Paltronix in the UK.

I have built the RoboPICA and tested all the sensors that came with it. The line following sensor pair, sharp range finder, IR receiver and potentiometer.

All works except the line following ... when used on the supplied maze paper ... the robot seems to get very confused ... usually making a wrong turn and turning too late which means it over shoots corners and then can't continue on the maze. I'd like suggestions on this.

Also, I purchased the ZX-Colour, Bluetooth and Sound. I did this partly because I have an EasyPIC5 and I thought the RoboPICA would provide a number of IO projects I could eventually use to build larger projects off the robot.

Unfortunately, contrary to the instructions and packaging, I can not find any example source code or applications. This is very frustrating ... particularly as the website shows a RoboPICA being controlled by a PDA over bluetooth.

Can you point me in the direction of the code to get the PDA / BT working with the RoboPICA ... also showing the appropriate connections that need to be made to the robot.
Obviously I want to do the same with the rest of the sensors mentioned.

Best regards

Paul.

pgamble

Back to top Go down